Monday, February 24, 2014

Tea's Me

Every morning at work
I begin my day with this little quirk.
I have to end up waiting to see
If I get a cup of tea.

You see,

This lady makes our daily brew
Tea for most, coffee for few.
There are also those of a dairy ilk
Who prefer to have just milk.

So when first she came around for my order
Sugarless, black is how I liked it I told her.
Of the expression I got, only later did I learn
That I had singularly disturbed her brewing pattern.

And after a few intermittent days of too strong a cup
I decided to give it up.
Instead I asked for the regular chai
Figuring it was well worth a try.

I couldn't really get used to the tea in my sugar,
So once again I figured it was time to approach her.
But somehow the message of a please-not-that-sweet cup a day
Seemed to have lost its daily way.

Now every morning I wonder and wait
Hoping there’s a hot cup in my fate.
Of course it’s nice when I do
But then it’s back to waiting the next day too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment